Tokyo Craft Guide is here!
Available now as a downloadable PDF ebook suitable for viewing on an iPad, computer, or to print and take-along on all your Tokyo craft-shopping adventures! Inside the book you’ll find:
- Six adorable (and informative!) illustrated neighborhood maps for our favorite areas in Tokyo: Daikanyama & Nakameguro, Kichijoji, Jiyugaoka, Futakotamagawa, Komae and Fuchu
- Over 50 craft and fabric shop listings with map and website links, hours of operation, and contact info
- Recommended cafes to help you recharge that craft-shopping energy with latte art, cake sets, or traditional tea and sweets
- A Japanese-language resource page to help you when shopping for fabric
- Cheeky commentary by two craft-loving locals! (^_－)－☆
We’re extremely excited about our Tokyo Craft Guide. Our absolute favorite thing to do in Tokyo is to spend an afternoon browsing unique and wonderful craft shops, and more than anything we want to share that experience with others!
Tokyo Craft Guide is the first English-language resource of this magnitude: over 50 unique craft shops! We include many small, independently-owned shops that really exude the personality of their owners. Interesting, curated collections and original craft kits are just some of the reasons we keep going back.
The ebook doesn’t include standard favorites such as Nippori Textile Town, Tomato, or Tokyu Hands because we highlight these popular shops on our website for free. These places are great, but we want to take you deeper into the heart of Tokyo’s craft scene. Rather, we include the off-the-beaten-track places known and loved by Tokyo insiders. With the Tokyo Craft Guide you will have access to the best of Tokyo’s specialty craft shops and a world of beautiful fabrics, trim, wool, washi tape, buttons, zakka — you name it, Tokyo’s got it!
Tokyo Craft Guide — one part travel guide, one part craft-party-in-a-pretty-little-PDF box. *\(^O^)/*
Have questions? Please contact us, we’re happy to chat!
☆ ☆ ☆